20th Anniversary Screening of FORREST GUMP OCT 2ND
Everyone in Beaufort will be getting pumped for Beaufort’s Annual Shrimp Festival October 3rd & 4th 2014 and we’re twice as excited this year as we’ll be commemorating the 20th Anniversary of Forrest Gump! On Thursday October 2nd 2014, come to the drive-in to see a treasured classic, filmed in and around Beaufort, SC.
We want to know what movie you think we should co-feature with Forrest Gump. Go the POLL on our Blog or Events page and cast your vote! Spread the news, see you there!
Interesting Facts About Forrest Gump:
- Forrest Gump’s shrimp boat “Jenny” was in real life owned by Beaufort local shrimper, Jimmy Stanley.
- Marleena Smalls of Beaufort played Bubba’s mother.
- See the mystical live oak tree is located at the entrance of the Carolina Shores subdivision, at the end of Carolina Ave., near the Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station.
- The USC Performing Arts Center was featured in the movie as The Bayou Hospital. In the movie, Forrest endows it and it’s renamed Gump Medical Center.
- Chevy Chase first rejected the role of Forrest.
- Forrest ran from his front porch because he “felt like running”. He ran over a tiny bridge with the ‘Mississippi Welcomes You’ sign, which is actually the Chowan Creek (or Cowan Creek) swing bridge. There are only 9 swing bridges left in SC.
Stay tuned for updates regarding the Forrest Gump 20th Anniversary screening on October 2nd 2014!